How to get here
We have an automatic service functioning to inform the visitor how to get to Tibães.
You just have to send an e-mail (no need to write any accompanying text) to:
GPS co-ordinates: 41º55’50.88”N 08º47’94.38”W
MOTORWAY A3 (Valença/Porto)
- Get off at the junction for Martim;
- After the pay tolls, you will have access to the national road Braga-Barcelos (N103)
- Turn right, direction Barcelos. Drive for nearly 2kms until arriving at speed regulating traffic lights, next to a church, on the right side of the road;
- Turn right, at the junction you’ll see a sign for the following places: Mosteiro de Tibães, Pousa, Graça and Feital. Follow this road (N205-4) for approximately7kms until a roundabout, at Mire de Tibães.
- At the roundabout turn right, continue straight on for approximately 700m, until you arrive at the grounds of the Monastery.
FROM CITY OF BRAGA
Follow the signposts for the railway station. Next to the station, go in the direction of Ponte de Lima. Drive for approx. 2 kms until you arrive in Real, where there is a junction with a signpost indicating the Mosteiro de Tibães. Follow the direction indicated, keeping on the EN205-4 for about 5kms. At the roundabout you are in the village of Mire de Tibães. Go round the roundabout, turn left and go straight on for a further 700m, until arriving at the grounds of the Monastery.
Buses, from the municipal transport company TUB/EM
Direction: Mire de Tibães.
Bus Route 50
Departure: Praça Conde Agrolongo II- Campo de Vinha
Timetable: 9.30am, 11.30am, 2.30pm, 4.30pm
Departure: Tibães Monastery/The Cross – 10am, 12pm, 3pm, 5pm
Bus Route 90
Departure: Avenida Central II – 8.40am, 9.40am, 10.40am, 12.40pm, 1.40pm, 2.40pm, 3.40pm, 4.40pm
Departure: (Tibães Monastery) – 9.20am, 10.20am, 11.20am, 12.20pm, 1.20pm, 2.20pm, 3.20pm, 4.20pm, 5.20pm
Sundays and Bank Holidays:
Bus Route 90
Departure: (Avenida Central II) - 8.40am, 10.40am, 12.40pm, 2.40pm, 4.40pm
Departure: (Tibães Monastery) - 9.20am, 11.20am, 1.20pm, 3.20pm, 5.20pm, 7.20pm